TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Experiencing sudden music pauses can be a buzzkill, especially when it happens at the most inopportune time. If you are a frequent user of YouTube Music, then you might have encountered this problem before.
Although every app has its own flaws, fret not, as we have some practical solutions to fix this issue and ensure that your listening experience remains uninterrupted.
Here’s how to resolve the problem of YouTube Music stopping unexpectedly:
- Check Your Internet Connection: A stable internet connection is crucial for uninterrupted music streaming. Ensure that you have a reliable network connection to avoid any buffering issues.
- Clear Cache and Data: Clearing the cache and data of your YouTube Music app can resolve issues related to app performance. To do this, go to your device’s settings, locate the YouTube Music app, and then clear the cache and data.
- Update Your YouTube Music App: An outdated app version can cause unexpected issues, including music pauses. Ensure that you have the latest version of the YouTube Music app installed on your device.
- Reinstall the App: If none of the above solutions works, then try uninstalling the YouTube Music app and reinstalling it. This can help resolve any underlying issues with the app.
Experiencing music pauses while using YouTube Music is a common problem that can be fixed with some simple troubleshooting steps. By following the above steps, you can ensure that your listening experience remains uninterrupted.
How to Stop YouTube From Pausing Music on Mobiles
Are you tired of your YouTube Music app constantly pausing on your mobile device? This can happen when the version of the app and your mobile device are incompatible, but don’t worry – it’s an easily fixable issue.
While it may take a few attempts to pinpoint the problem, there are a number of actions you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Try the following:
- Restart the YouTube app.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Toggle your cellular data off and on again.
- Clear your YouTube app cache.
- Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app.
- Update to the latest Android version.
These steps are useful if your music pauses at random intervals. However, if your music pauses every time you lock your phone screen, the problem is likely due to your device’s settings. If your device has a “glance mode,” turning it off in your settings should resolve the issue. If this option is not available or doesn’t solve the problem, try turning off battery optimization for YouTube Music.
We hope these tips help you resolve the issue of YouTube Music pausing on your mobile device. Don’t hesitate to try them out and see which one works for you!
Why does my YouTube Music app keep stopping?
If you are experiencing frequent stops or interruptions with your YouTube Music (YTM) app, there could be a few reasons for this issue. One possible cause is that your Android device may be optimizing the YTM app, which can lead to the app being closed or its processes being terminated by the system.
To check if YTM is being optimized by Android and adjust the settings accordingly, you can follow these steps:
- Open the settings on your Android device.
- Look for the “Apps” or “Applications” section and tap on it.
- Scroll down or search for the YouTube Music app in the list and select it.
- Within the YTM app settings, you may see an option related to battery optimization. Tap on it.
- You should now see a screen displaying the battery optimization settings for YTM. Make sure that YTM is set to “Not optimized” or “Don’t optimize” to prevent Android from closing or restricting its background processes.
- If the app is currently set to be optimized, select the appropriate option to disable optimization and allow YTM to run smoothly in the background.
By disabling the battery optimization for YTM, you are giving the app permission to operate continuously without being restricted by Android’s background process management. This should help prevent the app from stopping unexpectedly or experiencing frequent interruptions.
It’s worth noting that the steps provided here may vary slightly depending on your Android device’s manufacturer and operating system version. However, the general idea of accessing the app settings and adjusting the battery optimization should remain consistent across most Android devices.
By ensuring that the YouTube Music app is not optimized for Android, you should be able to enjoy a smoother and uninterrupted music streaming experience.
How do I stop YouTube from auto pausing music?
If you’re experiencing issues with YouTube automatically pausing music playback, there are a few possible solutions you can try:
- Check for background apps or browser extensions: Sometimes, certain apps or browser extensions can interfere with YouTube’s playback. Disable or temporarily uninstall any extensions or apps that might be causing conflicts.
- Clear cache and cookies: Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can help resolve playback issues. Go to your browser’s settings, find the option to clear browsing data, and select cache and cookies to clear them. Restart your browser afterward.
- Update your browser: Make sure you are using the latest version of your preferred browser. Outdated browsers can sometimes have compatibility issues with YouTube.
- Disable hardware acceleration: Hardware acceleration is a feature in some browsers that offloads certain tasks to your computer’s hardware. Disabling it can sometimes help with playback issues. Go to your browser’s settings, find the hardware acceleration option, and disable it.
- Try a different browser: If the issue persists, try using a different browser to see if the problem is specific to your current browser.
- Check your internet connection: A slow or unstable internet connection can cause interruptions in YouTube playback. Ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.
- Use YouTube Premium: Consider subscribing to YouTube Premium. This service provides an ad-free experience, background playback, and offline access to videos, allowing you to listen to music without interruptions.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue of YouTube auto-pausing your music playback.
How do I make YouTube play music continuously?
To make YouTube play music continuously, you can follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube website or launch the YouTube app on your device.
- Search for the desired music video or song that you want to play.
- Start playing the video by clicking on it. The video will begin to play, and the music will start.
- Once the video starts playing, right-click (or long-press on mobile devices) anywhere on the video screen. This will bring up a menu of options.
- In the menu, look for an option called “Loop” or “Loop video.” Click on it to enable the loop feature. This will make the video play repeatedly in a continuous loop.
- After enabling the loop feature, the video will continue to play indefinitely, repeating the same song or music video.
By following these steps, you can enjoy uninterrupted music playback on YouTube. The loop feature ensures that the same video or song is played repeatedly without the need for manual intervention.
How to Prevent YouTube from Pausing Music Playback on Laptops
If you are a YouTube Music user who frequently listens to music while studying, working, or pursuing other tasks on your laptop, you may have experienced the annoyance of your music stopping each time you switch to another application. This can be especially frustrating if you do not have a premium subscription, which is required to keep the music playing in the background.
Thankfully, there is a simple solution to this problem. By upgrading to a premium subscription, you can ensure that your music continues playing uninterrupted as you switch between different applications.
However, if you prefer not to upgrade to a premium subscription, there is still a way to prevent your music from pausing after a certain amount of time. If you are using Google Chrome as your web browser, you can navigate to the Chrome Web Store and download the “YouTube nonstop” extension. This extension will disable the feature that causes your music to pause automatically after a set amount of time, allowing you to listen to your music uninterrupted.
So, whether you choose to upgrade to a premium subscription or use the “YouTube nonstop” extension, you can easily prevent your music from pausing on YouTube and enjoy a seamless listening experience.
Is it Possible to Keep Playing Music When Your Phone is Locked?
If you have a subscription to YouTube Music Premium, you can enjoy uninterrupted music even when your phone is locked. However, you might need to make a few adjustments to ensure that your music continues playing.
Firstly, check if your phone has a “glance mode” feature and disable it in your device’s settings. If this feature is not available on your phone, then you should turn off battery optimization in your YouTube Music application.
Without a YouTube Premium subscription, your music, video, or stream will pause and become silent once your phone is locked. To resume playback, you will need to unlock your phone and restart the video from where it paused. You may also have to sit through additional advertisements, or worse, start over again from the beginning.
Can Music Play in the Background When Switching to Another App?
With YouTube Music, you have the freedom to choose and play any music you want whenever you want. However, to maintain such a vast library of music, YouTube Music offers Premium subscriptions. Uninterrupted music is an exclusive feature for Premium members.
So, can you keep listening to your music while using other apps? The answer is yes, but only if you have a YouTube Music Premium subscription. This feature allows you to continue playing your favorite tunes while multitasking with other apps.
However, if you are not a YouTube Music Premium subscriber, you will not be able to continue listening or watching content while using other apps, unless you own a specific type of phone that supports background video playback.
For instance, most Android phones allow you to view a mini window of the video content while you text or use other apps. But if you want uninterrupted music playback, a YouTube Music Premium subscription is the way to go.
Why does YouTube keep pausing the music & how to stop it?
If you’re experiencing interruptions while playing music on YouTube, there are a few possible reasons that could be causing it.
If you are experiencing issues with YouTube music constantly pausing, it could be due to improper headphone connectivity. By default, YouTube is designed to automatically pause video or audio playback when it detects that your headphones have been disconnected. Therefore, if your headphones are not properly connected, it may trigger this automatic pause feature.
There are a few potential reasons why your headphones may not be properly connected. One possibility is that the physical connection between your headphones and the device you are using is loose or unstable. Ensure that the audio jack or the Bluetooth connection is secure and properly seated.
If you are using Bluetooth headphones, another possible reason for the pausing issue is that your headphones might be running out of power. Bluetooth devices typically have a limited battery life, and when the battery level becomes critically low, the headphones may intermittently disconnect or pause playback. Charging your Bluetooth headphones or replacing their batteries, if applicable, should help resolve this problem.
Another reason could be due to your subscription plan not allowing for uninterrupted music playback. Upgrading to YouTube Music Premium could solve this issue. Without this subscription, your music will pause as soon as you switch to another app.
Another possibility is that your device settings may be interfering with the music playback. If you’re listening to YouTube Music on your phone, check if “glance mode” is enabled in your settings and disable it if it is. In case you don’t have this mode on your device, try disabling battery optimization for the YouTube Music app.
If you’re playing music on YouTube through your laptop, your browser settings could be causing the music to pause due to a sleep timer. You can disable this feature to enable continuous play.
Lastly, it could be that the YouTube Music app on your device is not up to date. If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, try updating the app to the latest version.
Why does my YouTube music stop playing in the background?
There can be several reasons why your YouTube music stops playing in the background. One common reason is that the background play feature is not enabled on your YouTube app. By default, YouTube stops playing when you switch to another app or when your screen is locked. To enable background play, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture or the account icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, select “Settings.”
- In the Settings menu, choose “Background & Downloads.”
- Look for the “Background Play” option and make sure it is enabled or turned on.
By enabling background play, you should be able to play YouTube music in the background while using other apps or when your device’s screen is locked.
However, it’s worth noting that background play is a premium feature available to YouTube Premium subscribers. If you don’t have a YouTube Premium subscription, you may need to subscribe to it to enjoy uninterrupted background playback.
If you have followed these steps and the issue persists, there may be other factors affecting background playback, such as a slow internet connection or conflicts with other apps on your device. In such cases, it might be helpful to troubleshoot the problem further or reach out to YouTube support for assistance.
What are the Benefits of YouTube Premium?
In the recent past, YouTube provided a paid version known as YouTube Red, which charged $9.99 per month.
However, YouTube has now replaced it with YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium, both of which offer significant benefits. With YouTube Music Premium, you can enjoy ad-free music, background playback, and downloads.
On the other hand, YouTube Premium not only offers all of the same features as YouTube Music Premium on regular videos but also provides access to all YouTube Originals content. That means you can enjoy exclusive shows and movies created by YouTube, alongside your favorite videos.
Additionally, if you already have a subscription to Google Play Music, you can access all the features of YouTube Premium without any additional cost. Moreover, subscribing to Google Play Music costs $2 less per month than opting for YouTube Premium.