TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chegg is an online learning service that provides academic support beyond regular classes. Chegg offers discounts on textbooks and access to study resources, which can help reduce the expenses of studying. However, Chegg requires a monthly subscription fee.
If you only need answers to one or two questions and don’t want to pay for the subscription, this article will explain four legitimate methods to get answers from Chegg without spending any money. Chegg initially hides answers until users subscribe to their service, but the article will show you how to view Chegg answers for free.
View Chegg answers for free
Let’s discuss four genuine methods for getting answers to your Chegg questions for free.
Method 1: Use Chegg free trial period
To make the most of Chegg’s free four-week trial period, which includes access to unlimited solutions and video tutorials, follow these steps:
- Visit Chegg.com and create an account.
- Enter your email and password, or select an existing account.
- Choose “I am a Student.”
- Indicate whether you are in High School or College.
- Start typing the name of your school/college, then select it from the drop-down menu. If it’s not listed, choose “My university is not listed.”
- Select the year and click “Create Account.”
- After signing in, go to your profile, then select “My Account.”
- Choose “Payment Info.”
- Add your bank details to initiate the four-week trial period.
During the trial, you won’t be charged. However, remember to cancel the subscription before the trial period ends to avoid charges. If you wish to continue using Chegg for free after the trial, you can try creating a new account with different credentials.
Method 2: Using Reddit to find Chegg answers
In the past, there was a Subreddit where users could access Chegg answers without paying. However, this Subreddit was eventually banned by Reddit, as expected. Nevertheless, new Subreddits occasionally emerge, exist for a while, and then also get banned.
Since Reddit consistently removes these pages, we cannot provide direct links. But we can explain how to locate them. Here’s how you can find Chegg answers on Reddit:
- Open Reddit and click on the Search bar at the top.
- Type “Chegg Answers” (or a similar phrase) into the search bar. Scroll through the search results to find the most recent Chegg Answers Subreddit.
This method may not always lead you directly to Chegg’s answers on their website. However, it remains useful because people continue to find ways to avoid detection by Reddit. When you search for Chegg answers, you may come across invite links to Discord channels and other platforms where these answers are still available.
Method 3: Use Discord to view Chegg answers for free
Discord is a platform where you can participate in tasks and quizzes similar to Chegg. You can ask questions on multiple servers to get different answers and enhance your understanding of various topics. To create a Discord account:
- Go to discord.com.
- Click “Open Discord in your browser.”
- Enter your desired username and complete the Captcha.
- Click the arrow to proceed.
- Enter your email address and set a secure password for your account.
- Click “Claim Account.”
- You’ll see a popup suggesting you download the Discord desktop app; you can skip this by clicking “X.”
- Check your email for a confirmation message.
- Click the link in the email to verify and activate your new Discord account.
- Explore Chegg servers and click “Join this server” for the specific channel you want to join.
Method 4: Browse your answer across the web
You can find answers to your Chegg questions by using a web browser like Google or Bing. These search engines have a lot of information, so you might discover the solutions you need there. Simply enter your question, and the search engine will show you relevant results, potentially providing you with useful information and answers.
Get Chegg answers free using Alternative Websites
There are plenty of online education websites and platforms with access to Chegg-like answers and textbooks for free:
- Free Access to Textbook Solutions: Several websites offer free access to textbook solutions similar to Chegg. These solutions can help you with homework and understanding complex topics. Websites like Slader, Studylib, and Course Hero often have user-uploaded solutions.
- Downloading Books for Free: To access textbooks for free, you can explore websites that host free e-books. Platforms like Project Gutenberg, OpenStax, and Library Genesis provide a wide range of textbooks and reading materials without charge.
- Answers to Various Subjects: Aside from Chegg alternatives mentioned above, you can find answers to specific subjects and questions on platforms like Quizlet, Khan Academy, and Stack Exchange. These websites often have community-contributed solutions and explanations.
While these alternative websites offer free resources, it’s essential to respect copyright and intellectual property rights. Always ensure you’re using them within the boundaries of legality and ethical standards.
Here are more details on the best alternative websites to get Chegg-like answer for free:
Quizplus is a notable alternative to Chegg for students seeking study resources. It offers a broad range of tools like expert solutions, practice exams, and flashcards across various subjects. The platform is user-friendly and enables easy access to downloadable study materials for offline use.
What distinguishes Quizplus is its free trial, which lets students try it out before subscribing. This trial helps students assess if Quizplus suits their educational needs, making an informed choice about their study resources.
PaperHelp is another fantastic alternative to Chegg. It provides different levels of writers who can help you with high-quality research paper writing. These writers are offered at various price points, allowing you to select one that fits your budget.
StudyLib is an excellent alternative to Chegg. It allows you to freely download and save books, as well as share them with friends.
This platform covers a wide range of subjects. When you sign up or log in, you can easily add documents and papers to your profile. StudyLib offers completely free access to its website.
CourseEagle is a website that provides free answers to your questions. To use it, you can enter your question on the site’s search bar. Afterward, the website will display a list of relevant answers for you to choose from.
Once you’ve found the answer you need, you can download it in PDF format. This service is entirely free of charge.
CourseHero stands out from typical online tutoring websites because it offers its services in a Q&A (Question and Answer) format. This approach simplifies the learning and knowledge-sharing process for both students and tutors.
SparkNotes is a free online reference website that’s particularly helpful for researchers aiming to enhance the quality of their papers or essays with reliable sources.
Slader is a widely-used website that serves as a helpful alternative to Chegg. It has millions of active users, including both teachers and students from various countries. Slader offers an extensive range of subjects, along with textbooks and their corresponding solutions. Moreover, it supports multiple languages, including Spanish, Latin, and German.
One useful feature on Slader is the textbook search, which allows users to quickly locate specific books using their ISBN numbers, streamlining the search process and making it more convenient for users.
How much does Chegg cost?
Chegg offers two subscription plans for students. The basic plan costs $15.95 per month and includes study guides and homework help. The Study Pack, which costs $19.95 per month, includes practice tests and a plagiarism checker.
Unblurring your Chegg answers
To unblur Chegg answers, which are initially hidden behind a paywall, you typically need to subscribe and pay a monthly fee. However, if you only occasionally require access to these answers, subscribing might not be cost-effective.
Fortunately, there are alternative methods to access unblurred answers for free. You can utilize trial periods offered by Chegg or join online communities like Discord that specialize in academic discussions. These communities often engage in discussions about various topics, and you might get your specific question answered by multiple individuals. This can be valuable for gaining a deeper understanding of the subject matter without the need for a paid subscription.
Does Chegg have a free version?
Yes, Chegg offers a completely free 4-week trial period during which its content is accessible to users at no cost. To access this trial, you need to create an account on Chegg. During the trial period, you can take advantage of their resources without any charges.
How long does it take for a Chegg question to be answered?
Chegg aims to answer questions within 2 hours. However, the time it takes can vary based on the subject and complexity of the question. If they can’t answer it within 3 days, the question expires, and your points are refunded.
Can universities tell if you have Chegg?
Universities employ sophisticated plagiarism detection software, such as Turnitin, to identify copied content. If a professor checks your work using Turnitin and finds that your answer closely matches a response from Chegg, it’s probable that Turnitin will flag your submission for further review.
Can Chegg detect cheating?
Professors cannot directly access Chegg usage data, but they can employ several methods to detect if students are using Chegg:
- Plagiarism Detection Software: Professors often utilize plagiarism detection software to compare students’ work with content from Chegg. If there are significant similarities, it raises suspicion.
- Inconsistencies in Understanding: When students rely on Chegg answers without understanding the material, it can become apparent in their classroom performance. Professors may notice inconsistencies between a student’s overall understanding and their exam or assignment performance.
- Unusual Responses in Class: If a student provides answers in class discussions or exams that closely match Chegg responses, it may be a sign of using external sources.
- Pattern Recognition: Professors who have experience with students using Chegg may develop a keen eye for detecting patterns in submitted work that resemble Chegg solutions.
In summary, while professors do not have direct access to Chegg data, they can employ various methods and their experience to detect when students use Chegg or similar resources to complete assignments or exams.