TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Setting up a new PayPal account is free and only takes a couple of minutes. With PayPal, you can send and receive money from friends and families across more than 200 countries of the world. You can also link a local bank account or a credit/debit card, making it easier to transfer and utilize your money wherever and whenever you want.
PayPal is one of the most trustworthy online payment platforms in the world; they’ve been in business since 1998.
PayPal is one of the most integrated payment systems within the online space, making it easy for you to buy and sell things online – virtually every online business and e-commerce giant such as eBay, Walmart, and more accepts PayPal.
How to set up a PayPal account
1. Go to PayPal homepage at paypal.com
2. Click Sign up on the top-right corner of your screen.
3. Select the type of account you’d like to create between Personal or Business.
4. Click Continue.
5. Enter the required information such as name, email address, and choose a password.
6. Click Continue.
7. Follow the instructions to complete your account sign-up.
8. To enjoy the full benefits of using PayPal to send and receive payments, you’ll need to add a credit/debit card, or your bank info. Click on Get started to add your credit or debit card info, and click Add card.
9. Verify your email address by clicking the link in the email PayPal sent to you.
The final step is to verify your PayPal account through the credit/debit card or bank account you provided in step 8.
To verify your card, click Wallet, >> select Bank & card >> select the card or bank account you want to verify >> click Confirm >> click OK.
PayPal will charge your card a small amount. However, once your card is verified, PayPal will return the money within 24 hours or after a few days.
More PayPal guides: What to do if you can’t log in to your PayPal account