TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Setting up a new PayPal account is free and only takes a couple of minutes. With PayPal, you can send and receive money from friends and families across more than 200 countries of the world. You can also link a local bank account or a credit/debit card, making it easier to transfer and utilize your money wherever and whenever you want.
PayPal is one of the most trustworthy online payment platforms in the world; they’ve been in business since 1998.
PayPal is one of the most integrated payment systems within the online space, making it easy for you to buy and sell things online – virtually every online business and e-commerce giant such as eBay, Walmart, and more accepts PayPal.
How to set up a PayPal account
- Go to PayPal homepage at paypal.com
- Click Sign up on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select the type of account you’d like to create between Personal or Business.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the required information such as name, and email address, and choose a password.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to complete your account sign-up.
- To enjoy the full benefits of using PayPal to send and receive payments, you’ll need to add a credit/debit card or your bank info. Click on Get Started to add your credit or debit card info, and click Add Card.
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in the email PayPal sent to you.
The final step is to verify your PayPal account through the credit/debit card or bank account you provided in Step 8.
To verify your card, click Wallet, >> select Bank & card >> select the card or bank account you want to verify >> click Confirm >> click OK.
PayPal will charge your card a small amount. However, once your card is verified, PayPal will return the money within 24 hours or after a few days.
More PayPal guides: What to do if you can’t log in to your PayPal account