We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
- To redeem your Uber gift card: Open the Uber app on your phone > Tap the menu icon and select “Payment” > Tap “Add Payment Method” > Select “Gift Card” > Enter the code on your Uber gift card (without spaces).
Uber gift card is one of the most popular gift cards in the country. They are available throughout the U.S. at over 40,000 chain locations such as Walmart, Target, Sam’s Club, CVS, and Kroger. You can also get them online through Uber, Giftcards.com, or Amazon. The lowest value you can purchase is $25, and the highest is $200 in value.
Redeeming and using an Uber gift card is very simple to do. While the usual form of payment on the app is credit or debit cards, Uber also offers the option to make payment with its gift card. You can use the card to pay for orders on Uber Eats or towards Uber rides. Note that Uber gift card can only be used in the country where the card was purchased.
How to redeem an Uber gift card
1. Open the Uber app.
2. Tap the “menu” icon on the top-left of your screen.
3. Select Payment from the list of options.
4. Select Add Payment Method and tap on Gift Card.
5. Enter your Uber gift card code with no spaces between the numbers.
How to use an Uber gift card for your rides
1. Enter your ride details such as pickup location and destination.
2. Tap on credit card information at the bottom of your screen (do this before you “confirm” your ride).
3. Select Uber Cash as your payment method if your Gift Card has been loaded onto your Uber Cash balance. Otherwise, select Add Payment Method and tap on Gift Card to put in your Gift Card code.
If you don’t want to use the gift card to pay for a ride, you can do so by:
1. Enter your destination.
2. Tap on credit card information at the bottom of your screen.
3. Tap change payment option.
4. Toggle off Uber Credits from the list of options. Note this process will only disable paying with your Uber gift card for that specific ride.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He covers everything tech from computers to cameras to online business software. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.