TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
- To redeem your Uber gift card: Open the Uber app on your phone > Tap the menu icon and select “Payment” > Tap “Add Payment Method” > Select “Gift Card” > Enter the code on your Uber gift card (without spaces).
Uber gift card is one of the most popular gift cards in the country. They are available throughout the U.S. at over 40,000 chain locations such as Walmart, Target, Sam’s Club, CVS, and Kroger. You can also get them online through Uber, Giftcards.com, or Amazon. The lowest value you can purchase is $25, and the highest is $200 in value.
Redeeming and using an Uber gift card is very simple to do. While the usual form of payment on the app is credit or debit cards, Uber also offers the option to make payment with its gift card. You can use the card to pay for orders on Uber Eats or towards Uber rides. Note that Uber gift cards can only be used in the country where the card was purchased.
Redeem an Uber gift card
1. Open the Uber app.
2. Tap the “menu” icon on the top left of your screen.
3. Select Payment from the list of options.
4. Select Add Payment Method and tap on Gift Card.
5. Enter your Uber gift card code with no spaces between the numbers.
Use an Uber gift card for your rides
1. Enter your ride details such as pickup location and destination.
2. Tap on credit card information at the bottom of your screen (do this before you “confirm” your ride).
3. Select Uber Cash as your payment method if your Gift Card has been loaded onto your Uber Cash balance. Otherwise, select Add Payment Method and tap on Gift Card to put in your Gift Card code.
If you don’t want to use the gift card to pay for a ride, you can do so by:
1. Enter your destination.
2. Tap on credit card information at the bottom of your screen.
3. Tap change payment option.
4. Toggle off Uber Credits from the list of options. Note this process will only disable paying with your Uber gift card for that specific ride.
How to use Uber gift cards FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
Can you pay Uber with Uber gift card?
You can use Uber gift cards to pay for Uber rides. Just add the gift card to your account using the “Add Payment Method” tool in the “Payment” menu. Remember Uber gift cards can only be used in the country where the card was purchased.
Where can I redeem my Uber gift card?
Make sure you have the most recent version of the app. Tap the menu icon, select Wallet, and choose Add Payment Method or Redeem Gift Card.
What forms of payment does Uber accept?
A wide range of payment methods can be added as your payment method on Uber, such as credit and debit cards, Venmo, PayPal, digital wallets, and Uber gift cards. After the ride is over, your chosen payment method is charged.
How do I remove a gift card from Uber?
Tap the profile icon on the bottom right of the app > tap on “WALLET” and select the gift card you want to delete > tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner > tap “EDIT” or “DELETE,” and then “SAVE” in the pop-up confirmation.
How many numbers are in a Uber gift card?
The total number in a Uber gift card is 12 digits. To enter the code in the app. Scratch off the silver strip on the back of the gift card to show your 12 digit gift code. Tap “Payment,” tap “Pin/Gift Code,” and input the code.