TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
It’s easy to take a screenshot on an iPhone regardless of the model. On most iPhones, you’ll need to press the side button (power button) and either the Volume up or Home button depending on your iPhone model. While on some older models with the Top button, you’ll need to simultaneously press the Home button and Top button.
Screenshots have become very handy in today’s world. There are situations almost every day where you need to capture what’s on your screen and share it with a colleague or friend. In fact, you might be surprised how often you need to take screenshots on your device — you can use them to save a social media post before they vanish or capture a text message.
If you have an iPhone, you’ll find that taking a screenshot is a simple process no matter the model you are using.
This article will guide you on exactly how to screenshot on your iPhone depending on the model.
Take a screenshot on your iPhone (all models)
- Go to the screen page you want to screenshot.
- Press the “side button” (power button) and the “volume-up” button at the same time. If you are using an iPhone with a Home button, you need to press the “side button” and the “Home button” instead. On older iPhone models with Top button, press the “Home button” and the “Top button” simultaneously. The Home button is the round button below the screen.
- Quickly release both buttons once you hear the click of a camera shutter.
- The screenshot will appear as a thumbnail image in the bottom-left of your screen.
- Tap on the thumbnail to open it and make it larger.
There are icons located in the top-left of your screen that can let you delete or share the screenshot. Also, there are editing tools at the bottom that lets you add highlights to the screenshot or mark it up. Click on the “plus” sign in the bottom-right of your screen to add various shapes such as arrows, or text, and even signatures.
Once you’re finished, tap Done in the upper-left of your screen. Choose to save the image to Photos, Files, or delete it.
Where to find your iPhone Screenshots
You can always find your iPhone screenshots at Photos app > Albums > Screenshots.
Screenshot on iPhone FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
How do you screenshot on an iPhone 11?
To take a screenshot on iPhone 11 Pro: Press the side button and volume up button at the same time. Keep them both pressed to take your screenshot, then quickly release both buttons.
Can I take a scrolling screenshot on my iPhone? / How do I capture a scrolling screenshot?
On iPhone 12 or 12 Pro models:
- Go to the page you want to take a scrolling screenshot. Look to the bottom left of your screen; you’ll see a floating screenshot.
- Press the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time to take the screenshot.
- Tap the floating screenshot preview and then tap the “Full Page” button at the top.
- To take the full page scrolling screenshot, hold and drag down the slider on the left, which shows you the highlight of the screen page you want to take a screenshot of.
- Finally, tap “Done” and save your screenshot.
Why is my iPhone screenshot not working?
Try rebooting your iPhone: Press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for a few seconds to force a reboot. Your iPhone should work fine after performing the reboot. You can now successfully take a screenshot using your iPhone.