We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
It’s easy to take a screenshot on an Apple iPhone regardless of the model. On most iPhones, you’ll need to press the side button (power button) and either the Volume up or Home button depending on your iPhone model. While on some older models with the Top button, you’ll need to press the Home button and Top button simultaneously.
Screenshots have become very handy in today’s world. There are situations almost every day where you need to capture what’s on your screen and share it with a colleague or friend. In fact, you might be surprised how often you need to take screenshots on your device — you can use them to save a social media post before they vanish or capture a text message.
If you have an iPhone, you’ll find that taking a screenshot is a simple process no matter the model you are using.
This article will guide you on exactly how to screenshot on your iPhone depending on the model you are using.
How to screenshots on iPhone (all model)
1. Go to the screen page you want to screenshot.
2. Press the “side button” (power button) and the “volume-up” button at the same time. If you are using an iPhone with a Home button, you need to press the “side button” and the “Home button” instead. On older iPhones model with Top button, press the “Home button” and the “Top button” simultaneously. The Home button is the round button below the screen.
3. Quickly release both buttons once you hear the click of a camera shutter.
4. The screenshot will appear as a thumbnail image in the bottom-left of your screen.
5. Tap on the thumbnail to open it and make it larger.
There are icons located in the top-left of your screen that can let you delete or share the screenshot. Also, there are editing tools at the bottom that let you add highlights to the screenshot or mark it up. Click on the “plus” sign in the bottom-right of your screen to add various shapes such as arrows, or text, and even signatures.
Once you’re finished, tap Done in the upper-left of your screen. Choose to save the image to Photos, Files, or delete it.
Where to find your iPhone Screenshots
You can always find your iPhone screenshots at Photos app > Albums > Screenshots.
For more help getting the most out of your tech, check out our how-to guides as well as more helpful articles below.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.