We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
- To save an image to your Chromebook, open Chrome, find the image, and right-click on it.
- To access your saved images and photos, navigate to the “Downloads” section of your “Files” folder.
Did you just find the perfect image to use as your next wallpaper? Or maybe you came across a perfect reaction GIF on the internet and would like to download and save it to your Chromebook. Saving these images to your Chromebook is a simple process even if you are new to the Chrome operating system. Here is how to save images on your Chromebook.
How to save a picture on a Chromebook
1. Open Chrome.
2. Find the image you want to save.
3. Right-click on the image by tapping the touchpad with two fingers.
4. Select Save image as.
5. Change the image name and file location, if you want to.
6. Click the Save button.
Your image has now been saved. You should immediately see a closed preview of the image in the bottom-right corner of your screen with a Download Complete confirmation message.
How to find a saved picture on a Chromebook
1. To find your saved image, click Show In Folder on that preview at the bottom-right corner of your screen, your saved image will pop up with other images in your “Download” folder or the location you specified.
2. Double click or right-click on the saved image to reveal it. From here, you can choose to copy it to a USB drive or SD card. You can also upload it to Google drive if you wish.
If you already closed the image preview before finding it. You can easily access it via your “Files” folder — to do that, click the circle in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select the up arrow, followed by Files. The image will pop up with other photos in your “Downloads” folder or the specified location.
How to save pictures on Chromebook FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
How do you right click on a Chromebook?
To right-click on your Chromebook, you just need to tap two fingers on your trackpad. Another option is to use the “Alt” key on your Chromebook’s Keyboard.
How do you save a picture on a Chromebook without right click?
To save a picture on your Chromebook without right-clicking, press the Alt key and tap on your Chromebook’s touchpad using a single finger — this will bring up the right-click context menu, then select “Save Image As.”
Where is the Save button on Chromebook?
Press Ctrl + S to save an image, a page, or document on a Chromebook > enter the name for your file > on the left of the file, you can optionally change the file type > next, choose where to save your file (ex: Google Drive) > click “Save.”
Why does right click not work on Chromebook?
Go to your touchpad settings and toggle “Enable tap-to-click” to ‘on.’ Now, you can right-click on your Chromebook — all you need to do is tap two fingers on your touchpad.