We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
- In order to join a restricted network, you may need to find your Xbox One unique MAC address.
- Most consoles with wireless capabilities will have two MAC addresses, one for the wired, and one for the wireless connection.
MAC (Media Access Control) address is a twelve-digit alphanumeric code unique to every network-compatible device connecting to a network. Every device in the world has a MAC address, and that includes Xbox One.
Finding your MAC address is essential for registering your Xbox One on restricted wireless networks. Fortunately, the process is simple, with just a few clicks.
To find the MAC address of your Xbox One console, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings.
2. In the Settings page, select Network.
3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. You’ll see the MAC Address for your Xbox One (Wired MAC and wireless MAC) displayed in a format like 34:CD:45:EF:67:GH.
Find MAC address on Xbox One FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
How do I find my MAC address on Xbox One before setup?
To complete the set up of your Xbox One:
From the home screen, select Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > You’ll see your wired MAC address at the botton of the screen.
How do I get an alternate MAC address for my Xbox?
1. Navigate to Settings on the Xbox One.
2. Scroll down and select Network.
3. Select Advanced settings.
4. Scroll down and Select Alternate MAC address.
5. Type in the alternate MAC address and hit Enter.
You will need to restart the console for changes to take effect.
How do you find out your Xbox IP address?
From the home screen, select Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > select IP Settings > You’ll see your IP address showing on your screen.