We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
Uber Eats is great for placing meal orders, but there are multiple reasons to part ways with the service, too, like switching to alternative platforms such as Instacart or Postmates. Or, you’ve decided to limit your spending and would instead cook more at home. Whatever the reasons may be, the process for deactivating your Uber Eats account is simple and can be done in just a few minutes.
Deleting your Uber Eats account is a little bit tricky in the sense that you’ll have to delete your main Uber account as well.
If you want to keep your primary Uber account, then you might want to consider the more straightforward option of just deleting the standalone Uber Eats app from your phone.
But if you wish to go ahead and delete your Uber Eats account (that means your main Uber account), then follow the simple steps below.
How to delete Uber Eats account on a phone
1. Launch the app on your phone.
2. Tap the three-dotted horizontal “menu icon” on the upper-left.
3. Tap Setting from the list of menu options.
4. Tap Privacy.
5. Tap Delete Your Account (appears in red text).
6. Uber will ask you to enter your Uber account password to verify your identity. Enter it and follow the steps to delete your account.
How to delete Uber Eats account on a computer
1. Go to this Uber account deletion link.
2. Enter your email or phone number, and then your password.
3. Follow the prompts to delete your account.
Your account will be deactivated, pending full deletion after 30 days. You have a grace period within that 30 days to undo your Uber account deactivation should you change your mind.
To reactivate your Uber account (including Uber Eats), simply open the Uber app and log in. Once you’re logged in, your account will be reactivated – that’s it! Nothing else needs to be done.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.