TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
- You can delete your Uber account for good if you no longer want to use the service – either through the mobile app or Uber’s help page on a web browser.
Uber is one of the biggest rideshare services that has made moving from one location to another easier than ever. With a presence in more than 80 countries, you can easily book a ride within minutes.
However, not everyone likes their policies, such as how they treat their drivers. Or, maybe you just got fed up with the constant controversies from the company. Or, you’ve decided to become a driver, not a rider. Regardless, if you want to cut ties with Uber and no longer want to use the app, we’ll show you how to do it through Uber’s mobile app (Android or iPhone) or via Uber’s help page on any web browser of your choice.
Delete your Uber account through the mobile app
1. Launch the Uber app on your phone (make sure you’re signed in to your account).
2. In the upper-left of your screen, tap the three-dotted horizontal “menu icon.”
3. Tap Setting from the list of menu options.
4. Tap Privacy.
5. Tap Delete Your Account (appears in red text) located at the bottom of your screen.
6. Uber will ask you to re-enter your Uber account password to verify your identity. Enter it and tap Verify.
7. Uber will then send you to a page that tells you your account will be deactivated and deleted in 30 days. The 30 days before deletion will be available for a chance to reactivate your account should you change your mind – after which it will be deleted entirely from Uber servers. Tap Continue to proceed with the deletion.
8. This part is optional. Uber will ask you to share why you want to delete your account. If you don’t want to, just tap Cancel.
9. Uber will ask you again if you are sure you want to delete your account. Tap Delete to confirm your decision. You will then receive a message letting you know that your account has been deactivated.
Again, you have up to 30 days to reactivate it should you change your mind. If you log in within these 30 days, Uber will reactivate your account with all its details intact.
Delete your Uber account through its help page on a web browser
1. Go to “delete Uber account help page” on your web browser.
2. Scroll down and click/tap Sign In To Get Help. Skip to step 4 if you already signed in.
3. Enter your Uber email address or phone number.
4. Click/tap Next.
5. Enter your Uber’s account password and click/tap Next. If you’ve never signed into your Uber account on your web browser before, you might need to verify your account via text.
6. Once you’re logged in, it will take you to the “I was unable to delete my account” screen where you can share the reason you want to delete your account.
7. Click/tap Submit.
A representative from the Uber support team will eventually reach out to you through your email.
Delete Uber account FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
How do I permanently delete my Uber account?
Open the Uber app and tap the menu icon (the three bars) at the top left > tap “Settings” > “Privacy” > tap “Delete Your Account” at the bottom of the screen to deactivate your account.
Can I delete my Uber account and make a new one?
Yes. You can delete your Uber account and create a new one with the same phone number. But you can’t have two Uber account with the same mobile number. Once you delete your account, you’ll lose all your credits. Only one mobile number is assigned to one Uber account.
Why can’t I delete my Uber account?
You cannot delete your Uber account if you have an unpaid outstanding balance. Uber may keep certain information even after account deletion, as permitted by law. You can restore your account if you change your mind within 30 days of deactivation by signing in on Uber.com.
Can I reset my Uber account?
If you forget your Uber password, you can reset it via the app or online by selecting “Forgot Password?” Then, enter your email address, and you’ll receive an email with a reset link. Once you change it, you should be able to log back in.
Can you delete Uber ride history?
If you want to delete a ride from your history, go to the menu > Ride History. Choose the ride you wish to delete. Tap the Delete ride button and then tap Delete.
How can I get my Uber history?
Visit riders.uber.com, sign in to your Uber account, and click the “My Trips” button. You’ll see a list of all your past trips, organized by date, with the type of car, driver details, and method of payment.
How do you reset your phone number with Uber?
To update personal information such as your name, phone number, email, or password on Uber, open menu on the app and tap “Settings” > tap the information you want to change and update it > confirm changes. Uber will send you a verification code to prove you are the owner of the account.
Can I log into my Uber account from a different phone?
Yes, you can sign into one Uber account from another phone as long as it’s the same phone number and the same account.
How do I remove my debit card from Uber?
To delete a debit or credit card or other payment methods on Uber, tap the menu icon (☰) > then Payment > tap the payment method you want to delete > tap the three dots in the top corner of your screen to open a menu with edit and delete options > tap delete.