We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
- It’s easy to delete your Netflix history using your browser of choice.
- You can either delete movie titles individually or delete your entire Netflix viewing history.
- Deleting your Netflix history will also remove your “Continue Watching” queue, as well as alter what content Netflix suggests for you in the future.
Netflix knows everything about your watching habits and history, which is actually not a bad thing — because it can use those data and information to create better recommendations about what movies and shows you might want to watch in the future.
Another good thing about Netflix knowing your viewing history is the opportunity to “Continue Watching” a recently watched show or movie you couldn’t finish watching — there’s no need to search for that particular movie; you can simply pick up from where you left off or start watching again from the beginning.
While the “recently watched” and “continue watching” features are great, it can also be a curse — because sometimes you may need to remove them for various reasons.
Maybe you tried a newly released movie that didn’t quite hit the mark for you and don’t want Netflix to keep recommending it, or you share a Netflix account with your family or friends and don’t want them to see the movies and TV shows you’ve been watching.
Whatever your reason, the process of deleting your Netflix viewing history and continue watching movie list is straightforward and only takes a minute or two at most to complete.
How to delete your Netflix viewing history or recently watched shows on a PC and Mac
You can follow the steps below if you’re using a desktop PC, Mac, or a web browser on a mobile device. You can use any of the major web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, and even Samsung Internet.
If your Netflix account has multiple profiles, make sure you choose the right profile because each viewing history and continue watching list is specific to each profile.
To delete your viewing history on Netflix:
1. Log in to your Netflix account using your preferred web browser.
2. Click on the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the window.
3. In the dropdown menu, Select Account.
4. Scroll down to the section called Profile & Parental Controls and click on the down arrow icon next to your profile.
5. Click the blue colored link labeled View right next to Viewing Activity.
6. You’ll be taken to a page showing a list of every movie and TV shows you’ve watched. To see more, scroll to the bottom and click Show More.
7. To remove a specific movie or TV show from your viewing history, click the cancel icon (a circle with a line through it) to the right of Report a Problem next to the show’s name — and select Hide from your history.
If you wish to delete an entire TV show with multiple episodes, simply right-click on the cancel icon and select Hide Series. If you click directly on the cancel icon, you’ll see a prompt screen asking Hide series?. To remove the entire series, select Hide series?.
Repeat that process for any other movies or shows you want to delete. To remove your entire Netflix viewing history instead of a specific movie or TV show, scroll to the bottom and click on Hide All.
Anything you delete will be erased from your viewing history and continue watching list within 24 hours.
Deleting viewing history on iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Unfortunately, Netflix has removed the account access options for its app version. If you’d like to remove your viewing history from your iPhone, log into Netflix using a web browser.
Click on the menu option and choose Request Desktop Site, then follow the instructions above to delete your recently watched history.
How to remove Netflix viewing history on Android
Android users still have the Netflix app account access. You’ll be automatically taken to a web browser viewable in the mobile version of the website, which is much easier to work with.
1. Open the Netflix app and select your profile.
2. Tap More (the three vertical lines) in the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Tap the Account option.
4. Tap the down arrow next to your profile to expand the menu.
5. Tap the blue colored link labeled View right next to Viewing Activity.
6. To remove a specific movie or TV show from your viewing history, tap the cancel icon (a circle with a line through it), located next to every movie and show you’ve watched.
Repeat that process for any other movies or shows you want to delete. To remove your entire Netflix viewing history, scroll to the bottom and click on Hide All. It might take up to 24 hours for any changes to take effect.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He covers everything tech from computers to cameras to online business software. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.