TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
- It’s easy to delete your Netflix history using your browser of choice.
- You can either delete movie titles individually or delete your entire Netflix viewing history.
- Deleting your Netflix history will also remove your “Continue Watching” queue, as well as alter what content Netflix suggests for you in the future.
Netflix knows everything about your watching habits and history, which is actually not a bad thing — because it can use those data and information to create better recommendations about what movies and shows you might want to watch in the future.
Another good thing about Netflix knowing your viewing history is the opportunity to “Continue Watching” a recently watched show or movie you couldn’t finish watching — there’s no need to search for that particular movie; you can simply pick up from where you left off or start watching again from the beginning.
Sign up for Amazon prime video for free – Watch thousands of movies & TV shows. Try Amazon prime video free for 30 days
While the “recently watched” and “continue watching” features are great, it can also be a curse — because sometimes you may need to remove them for various reasons.
Maybe you tried a newly released movie that didn’t quite hit the mark for you and don’t want Netflix to keep recommending it, or you share a Netflix account with your family or friends and don’t want them to see the movies and TV shows you’ve been watching.
Whatever your reason, the process of deleting your Netflix viewing history and continue watching the movie list is straightforward and only takes a minute or two at most to complete.
Delete your Netflix viewing history or recently watched movies on a PC and Mac
If your Netflix account has multiple profiles, make sure you choose the right profile because each viewing history and continue watching list is specific to each profile.
To delete your viewing history on Netflix:
- Log in to your Netflix account using your preferred web browser.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the window.
- In the dropdown menu, select Account.
- Scroll down to the section called Profile & Parental Controls and click on the down arrow icon next to your profile.
- Click the blue-colored link labeled View right next to Viewing Activity.
- You’ll be taken to a page showing a list of every movie and TV show you’ve watched. To see more, scroll to the bottom and click Show More.
- To remove a specific movie or TV show from your viewing history, click the cancel icon (a circle with a line through it) to the right of Report a Problem next to the show’s name — and select Hide from your history.
If you wish to delete an entire TV show with multiple episodes, simply right-click on the cancel icon and select Hide Series. If you click directly on the cancel icon, you’ll see a prompt screen asking Hide series? To remove the entire series, select Hide series?
Repeat that process for any other movies or shows you want to delete. To remove your entire Netflix viewing history instead of a specific movie or TV show, scroll to the bottom and click on Hide All.
Anything you delete will be erased from your viewing history and continue watching list within 24 hours.
Delete Netflix history on iPhone and iPad
Unfortunately, Netflix has removed the account access options for its app version. If you’d like to remove your viewing history from your iPhone, log into Netflix using a web browser.
Click on the menu option and choose Request Desktop Site, then follow the instructions above to delete your recently watched history.
Delete Netflix history on Android
Android users still have the Netflix app account access. You’ll be automatically taken to a web browser viewable on the mobile version of the website, which is much easier to work with.
- Open the Netflix app and select your profile.
- Tap More (the three vertical lines) in the bottom-right of the screen.
- Tap the Account option.
- Tap the down arrow next to your profile to expand the menu.
- Tap the blue-colored link labeled View right next to Viewing Activity.
- To remove a specific movie or TV show from your viewing history, tap the cancel icon (a circle with a line through it), located next to every movie and show you’ve watched.
Repeat that process for any other movies or shows you want to delete. To remove your entire Netflix viewing history, scroll to the bottom and click on Hide All. It might take up to 24 hours for any changes to take effect.
Sign up to Amazon prime video for free – Watch thousands of movies & TV shows. Try Amazon prime video free for 30 days
Delete Netflix viewing history FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
How do you remove shows (titles) from continue watching?
Open the Netflix app on your Android phone or tablet, on iPhone, log into Netflix using a web browser > scroll to “Continue watching” > locate the movie or series you want to remove > long-press on the title’s thumbnail until you see the quick-select menu > at the bottom of the quick-select menu, tap “Remove From Row.”
Can we delete Netflix history?
Yes, you can delete your entire Netflix history or a particular TV show or movie by following the step above and clicking “Hide all” at the end. Any entries you delete will be wiped out of your continue watching list and viewing history within 24 hours.
Is my Netflix account history visible to others?
Every Netflix shows you’ve watched will appear in the recently watched section and — it’s visible to anyone that has access to your account, and they just need to open your profile to see your account history. You can hide your watch history if you want to keep your Netflix history private or stream through another person’s account without being detected.
How do I see my viewing history on Netflix?
Log in to your Netflix account using your favorite web browser > click the drop-down menu in the top-left > click Account from the drop-down menu and then scroll to the “my profile” or “Profile & Parental Controls” section > click the “View” link next to Viewing Activity. It’ll bring up a list of every content you’ve watched – you can decide to hide your viewing history.
Does Netflix save your watch history?
Yes, Netflix does save your watch history to create better recommendations about what movies and shows you might want to watch in the future.
Can my parents see what I watch on Netflix?
If you are below the age of 18, your parents can use parental controls to monitor and control what you can stream and watch. If you are above the age of 18, simply go to your Netflix profile, navigate to viewing activity, and hide any of the watched content you don’t want your parent to see.
Can you make your Netflix account private?
To restrict access and make your Netflix profile private:
- Go to the Account page of the profile you want to make private and lock it.
- Open “Profile & Parental Controls.”
- Change the “Profile Lock” settings.
- Enter your account password.
- Tick the box to “Require a PIN” to access the profile. You can remove the PIN requirement by unticking the box.
- Enter four numbers to create your Profile Lock PIN. You can choose to require a PIN for every new Netflix profile on your account by selecting “Require PIN to add new profiles.”
- Click “Submit.”