We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
You can now permanently delete your Lyft account, unlike previously, where you could only ‘partially delete’ your account with your information remaining intact, should in case you change your mind and decide to reactivate your account down the line. Now, once you select “Delete Account,” you can’t undo the deletion – it’s permanent. You will not be able to restore your Lyft account once you delete it. If you would like to rejoin Lyft again, you will need to create a new account.
Deleting your Lyft account is simple and can be done either through a web browser or the Lyft mobile app. We’ll show you how to delete it on both.
How to delete your Lyft account on a web browser
Follow the steps below if you prefer to delete your Lyft account through a web browser rather than the mobile app:
1. Go to the Lyft account deletion page.
2. Enter the phone number associated with your account.
3. You may be asked to wait for a verification code to be sent to your phone. Once you get the verification code, type the number and click to verify.
4. Tap ‘Start’ under the ‘Delete account’ section.
5. Lyft will ask you to write why you’re deleting your account. Enter your reason – but you don’t have to.
6. Type the word ‘delete’ in the box provided.
The deletion is permanent and there is no waiting period. The deletion process is the same for both rider and driver accounts.
How to delete your Lyft account on the app
1. Open the app and sign into your account (if not already signed in)
2. Tap the “three bars” to open up Lyft menu.
3. Select Help from the menu.
4. Tap Profile and account settings.
5. Tap Delete My Account.
You’ll receive a message confirming that Lyft will delete your account.
Lyft account deletion FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
How do I delete my credit card info from Lyft?
To delete your credit card on Lyft: Click Settings and click Payment > Select the card you want to delete > Click Delete Card.
How long does it take to delete a Lyft account?
There is no waiting period to delete your Lyft account, the process is immediate but can take up to 45 days of receiving your request.
Why can’t I delete my Lyft account?
There are cases where you may not be able to delete your Lyft account if your account has issues related to trust, safety, or fraud. Also, remember Lyft accounts do not function under the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) as it only operates only in the US and Canada.