We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
You can change your Netflix password via the Account settings menu using a web browser of choice or using the Netflix mobile app. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it using either your email address or a text message.
Whether you want to kick someone off your Netflix account or want to update your password to something more secure, or you’ve forgotten your password — This article will guide you on how to reset your Netflix password with ease, either from a computer or mobile device.
Your Netflix password is essential for protecting your account and preventing unauthorized access to your information. It’s never good if your password gets stolen or someone else has knowledge and access to your account, as you can be locked out. Thankfully, Netflix foresaw the need for users to change their password at any point in time — making the process simple and straightforward.
Netflix also has a range of security features and helpful support services to help subscribers safeguard their accounts, even if it’s just to reset a Netflix password.
There are two primary ways to change your Netflix password: either through a web browser or the Netflix app on your phone or tablet. Here’s everything you to know.
How to change your Netflix password using a web browser
1. Open a web browser and log into Netflix with your current password.
2. Select your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. From the drop-down menu, select Account.
4. Go to Membership & Billing and click Change password.
5. On the Change Password page, enter your current password and a new password twice. Make sure that you create a strong new password that will be difficult for anyone to crack.
6. To sign out all currently logged-in devices and block unwanted individuals from using your Netflix subscription, check Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.
7. Click Save when you are done.
How to change your Netflix password using your mobile app
You can also change your Netflix password using the Netflix app on an Android or iOS mobile phone or tablet device. To do so:
1. Open the Netflix app on your phone or tablet.
2. Tap More — the three stacked lines in the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Tap Account from the drop-down list.
4. The Netflix app will open your account settings page in a web browser. Tap Change password at the top of the page.
5. On the Change Password page, enter your existing password and new password twice to change it.
6. To kick out all currently logged-in devices and prevent unwanted individuals from using your Netflix subscription, check Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.
7. Click Save when you are done.
How to change your Netflix password if you’ve forgotten your current password
To change your Netflix password to a new one, you’ll generally need to input your current login password. If you’ve forgotten or lost your current password — No worries, as there is a workaround that makes it possible to change or reset your Netflix password. Here’s how:
1. Go to the Netflix login page (either on a web browser or the Netflix mobile app).
2. Click or tap Forgot password?
3. You’ll be given the option to reset your password via an email or text message using the phone number or email address associated with your Netflix account.
4. Choose the communication method you prefer — Email or Text Message (SMS).
5. You’ll receive a verification code that allows you to reset your password.
Can’t remember the phone number or email address you signed up with? Click I don’t remember my email or phone at the bottom of the page, and you’ll be able to fill in additional information to recover your account and change your password.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He covers everything tech from computers to cameras to online business software. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.