We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
So, you’ve ordered an Uber ride, but due to some unforeseen circumstance, you now want to cancel it. No problem! Canceling a scheduled Uber ride is quick and simple. Just know time is of the essence because if you don’t cancel within five minutes of been matched with a driver, you risk being charged a cancellation fee. Note that some cities do require riders to cancel within two minutes.
If you cancel beyond that grace period, you’ll incur a $5 fee for standard Uber and $10 for UberBlack. You can always contact Uber for a review and refund if you can provide a good reason.
Here’s how to cancel a scheduled or immediate Uber ride before and after being matched with a driver.
How to cancel an Uber ride before being matched with a driver
1. Scroll down and tap the bar at the bottom of the screen that reads Finding your ride.
2. Tap Cancel.
3. Tap YES, CANCEL to confirm.
How to cancel an Uber ride after being matched with a driver
1. Tap the bar at the bottom of your screen that displays your driver’s information.
2. Tap Cancel Trip.
3. Tap YES, CANCEL to confirm your cancellation. You’ll see a message that confirms you won’t incur any fees.
How to cancel a scheduled Uber ride
1. Tap the “three parallel menu bar” located at the upper-left of the Uber app screen.
2. Tap Your Trips from the list of menu options.
3. Tap Upcoming.
4. Tap Cancel Ride, then confirm again by tapping CANCEL RIDE. If you scheduled multiple trips, scroll to locate the one you want to cancel.
As far as you canceled before the driver accepts your ride, you won’t incur any charges.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.