We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
Uber Eats, along with other food delivery services, has made life very easy when it comes to ordering food online. All you have to do is place your order, get an estimated delivery time, and your meal gets delivered within minutes in most cases. And because of how quickly things can sometimes be when ordering food online, it’s easy to make mistakes.
There are plenty of reasons you may want to cancel your Uber Eats order, such as forgetting to add an item to your cart or a last-minute change of mind. It’s possible to cancel and get a refund, but only if you cancel before the restaurant accepts your order. In most cases, meal orders are usually accepted within a minute. So if you need to cancel an Uber Eats order, you have to be quick.
How to cancel an order on the Uber Eats app
1. Launch the Uber Eats app.
2. Tap the Orders tab located in the bottom menu of the app.
3. Tap Upcoming to see your existing orders.
4. Locate the order you want to cancel and tap Cancel Order.
5. A pop up will appear requesting that you confirm your action, plus a warning that you may not be eligible for a refund (if the restaurant has started preparing your order).
6. Tap Cancel Order to confirm.
How to cancel an Uber Eats order on the Uber app
1. Launch Uber app on your phone.
2. Tap Order food.
3. Tap your “Profile icon” located in the upper-left.
4. Tap Orders from the list of options.
5. Your most recent order will appear first on the list. Scroll down and Tap Cancel Order (appears in red text).
6. Confirm your cancelation in the pop up that appears.
Cancel Uber Eats order FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
Why can’t I cancel my Uber Eats order?
If your Uber Eats order has already been accepted by a restaurant but would like to cancel the order, you’ll need to contact their support team. Even if the restaurant has already prepared the food, it may still be possible to cancel the order, but the restaurant cannot issue a refund for an already prepared order.
How do I cancel my Uber Eats order? (Restaurants & Merchants)
Tap the “HELP” button in the upper right of the order info screen that you want to cancel > tap “CANCEL ORDER” and give the reason why you’re canceling the order. The customer will receive a notification that his/her order could not be fulfilled.
What happens if you cancel your order on Uber eats?
Uber Eats will allow you to cancel an order up until the delivery rider is dispatched to the merchant. Uber Eats only guarantees a refund if you cancel before the merchant accepts your order. If the merchant has accepted the order, Uber Eats offers one lifetime refund for orders canceled within five minutes of being placed.
How do I cancel Eats Pass from Uber Eats?
Open the Uber Eats app > tap your profile icon on the bottom menu bar to view your account > tap “Eats Pass” to open your Eats Pass hub > scroll down to the “Auto-Renew” toggle and slide to “off.”
How long does Uber Eats take to refund a Canceled order?
10 business days. If your order is canceled, the authorization hold will be released and voided. Generally, you should see the refunded amount in your account within 10 business days. There are rare instances where it may take a little longer.