We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
If you have recurring subscriptions to online services, it can be challenging to remember and make regular payments at the appropriate time.
While some financial banks and tools offer the ability to track recurring payments, PayPal has a subscription feature that allows it to automatically make payments on your behalf each month without your intervention.
Whether you have a recurring subscription to Netflix or your favorite charity, PayPal’s subscriptions are easy and secure, making sure your money is sent at the exact time every month until you make any change.
If you want to cancel any of your PayPal subscriptions, you can, but you’ll need to use a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox), as this feature is unavailable in the app. Just read on and follow the steps below.
How to cancel a PayPal subscription to an online service
1. Go to PayPal.com on any web browser and login using your email and password.
2. Once you’re logged in, click the “gear icon” at the top-right of the page (If you are using a phone, tap the “Menu” at the top-left to reveal the gear icon).
3. Click on Payments in the blue menu bar at the top of your screen.
4. Under “Payment settings,” click Manage Pre-approved Payments.
5. Select the business or service whose subscription you want cancel.
6. Click Cancel. It’s next to the “Status: Active” at the top of the page.
7. Confirm your cancellation from the pop-up that appears.
How to cancel PayPal subscriptions FAQs
Answer to related questions people also ask:
Can I cancel a subscription through PayPal? / How do I cancel an inactive automatic payment on PayPal?
Log in to your PayPal account and click Profile (the gear icon located on the top right). Under Payment settings, click Manage Pre-approved Payments. Next, select the service whose recurring payment you want to cancel, and then click Cancel. Confirm or save changes.
Where do I find my subscriptions on PayPal?
To find your subscriptions on PayPal: Log in to your PayPal account. Navigate to the top of your account page and click Activity. Click Subscription agreements from the Transaction drop-down menu. Use Search for transactions or other options of the drop-down menus to find your subscription.
Can you use PayPal for subscriptions?
You can use PayPal subscription payments to manage your scheduled payments, allowing you to run your business efficiently with flexibility for you and your customers. Your customers can upgrade, pause, or cancel subscriptions whenever they like, going through the checkout with just a few taps, using any device.