We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
Ride-hailing services like Lyft are all about convenience, and that includes the ability to cancel a ride you no longer need.
If you suddenly changed your mind and decided to cancel a Lyft ride for whatever reason, you can cancel your Lyft ride with just some quick taps in the app.
But you have to be quick about it; otherwise, you will incur a cancellation fee of $10 depending on your region. You have the grace window to cancel a ride before the driver accepts your request, usually within two minutes when you made the request. Once the driver accepts your request, then the cancellation window has passed.
How to cancel a Lyft ride you just booked
1. Once you decide to cancel a Lyft ride, tap Edit ride at the bottom-left of the screen.
2. Tap Cancel ride.
3. Confirm the cancellation by tapping on Cancel ride.
How to cancel a scheduled Lyft ride
1. Tap the “calendar icon” on the top-right of the Lyft app (homepage).
2. Tap the x above “Cancel ride.”
3. Tap Cancel again to confirm the cancellation.
If you get hit with a cancellation fee, you can request a review if you feel you have a strong case for a refund. To ask for a review, follow the steps below:
1. Tap the “menu icon” in the top-left of the Lyft app.
2. Tap Ride history.
3. select the Lyft ride you were charged for.
4. Scroll down and tap Get help. You might be asked to write a brief explanation of what actually happened.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He covers everything tech from computers to cameras to online business software. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.