We may earn a commission for purchases through links on our site. Learn more
Google calendar is easily one of the best calendar apps available out there today, mainly because it’s easily accessible and very simple to use. You can use it to schedule meetings, and you can cancel that meeting by deleting it from your calendar. If you did not set up the meeting, you can cancel it from your calendar, but the meeting will not be removed from anyone else’s calendar.
Suppose you’ve already sent out invitations to a meeting and decided to cancel it. In that case, it may be a good idea to notify attendees of the cancellation, so they are not left wondering why the meeting disappeared.
If you want to cancel a meeting you’ve scheduled on Google calendar, here is a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to do it both on the desktop and mobile.
How to cancel a meeting in Google Calendar on mobile
1. Open the Google Calendar app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on the meeting you’ve decided to cancel.
3. Tap the “three-dot menu” in the top right of the meeting window.
4. Tap Delete in the menu that pops-up.
5. Tap Delete event. All invitees will automatically receive an email notifying them about the cancellation.
How to cancel a meeting in Google Calendar on desktop
1. Log in to your Google account and open the Google Calendar.
2. Locate and click on the meeting you want to cancel.
3. Click on the Delete event trash can icon in the pop-up window that appears. Note that you can’t cancel the meeting if you are not the person that scheduled or set up the meeting, meaning if you were invited to the meeting and wants to opt-out of it, you will see a “Remove” link instead of “Delete event.” Google calendar will then notify the organizer of your decision to decline the meeting.
4. If you wish to notify attendees about the cancellation, click Send in the pop-up window that appears. If you don’t want to notify attendees, click Don’t send. You also have the option to write a short note explaining the reason for the cancellation.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He covers everything tech from computers to cameras to online business software. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.