TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Did you forget the voicemail password of your cell phone? Follow this guide to restore or reset your password.
Forgetting a voicemail password can be an extremely frustrating experience. It’s one of the worst things that can happen to a mobile phone user. Whether it’s your AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or cricket wireless password, you will not be able to access your messages without your password. It takes time and effort to remember all your passwords – it’s very much possible to lose or forget them at times.
If you’ve lost or forgotten your cell phone voicemail password, you may be able to reset it with little effort. Depending on your network provider, the process to reset and restore your voicemail password can be accomplished in a few simple steps.
Take control of your data. Protect and safely manage all your passwords and personal info with Dashlane, the world’s most advanced password manager. Try Dashlane free for 30 days
Resetting your AT&T password
If you are an AT&T cellular subscriber and would like to reset your password, first, make sure you’re in an AT&T wireless coverage area. If not, you won’t be able to create a new voicemail password.
- Go to your AT&T login page and log in to your online account.
- Navigate to the My Services section and select Manage my wireless.
- Choose My Devices and then select Manage device.
- The next step is to scroll down to Options & Settings and select Reset voicemail password.
- Follow the prompts to quickly create a new passcode for your cell phone.
Now that you finish resetting your password, you’ll be able to access your phone voicemail with this new code.
Resetting your Verizon password
You can reset your Verizon password directly from your phone by dialing *611 and following the prompt saying Reset voicemail password. To ensure you are the actual owner of the account, you may be required to verify your identity. Once Verizon confirms your identity, you’ll be given the option to create a new password.
Another way to reset your password is to use the My Verizon app.
- 1. Sign in to My Verizon to access your account.
- 2. Navigate to My devices, and then go to Device Overview.
- 3. Choose your device and click Manage device.
- 4. Go to the Manage voicemail password section, click Manage.
- 5. At this point, you have the option to either create your password or let Verizon create a new password for you.
- 6. The final step is to confirm your new password by clicking Confirm.
Resetting your T-Mobile password
You can easily reset your T-Mobile password by accessing your online My T-Mobile account. From here, you can navigate to your voicemail settings and change your password. If you can’t access your online My T-Mobile account, you can connect to your voicemail by tapping and holding the 1 key or dialing 123 on your phone. Once you’re connected to the voicemail system, you can access your password settings by tapping * on your phone, followed by the 5 key. Then, when prompted, tap 1 to change your password.
Resetting your Cricket password
If you are a Cricket wireless user and you can’t remember your voicemail password, there are three ways to easily reset it.
The first option to reset your Cricket password is through your online account. After signing in, click Account Settings and select Reset Password next to your phone line.
The second option is through the myCricket app. Once you sign in, tap the gear icon to access Account Settings, then tap Reset Voicemail Password next to your phone line.
The final option to reset your Cricket voicemail password is to call 1-855-246-2461 and follow the prompt.