TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Copying your Discord profile link can be a bit tricky because unlike platforms like Instagram or Twitter, Discord doesn’t have a direct “Copy Profile Link” feature. To copy and share your Discord profile with others, you’ll need to follow these steps manually:
- Locate Your Username and Tag: On Discord, your identity is defined by your username and tag. For example, if your username is “test” and your tag is “#1234,” people can add you by entering “test#1234.”
- Copy Your Discord ID: First, you need to copy your Discord ID. This is a unique number associated with your account. You can typically find it by right-clicking your username in the user list or a message you’ve sent and selecting “Copy ID.”
- Create Your Profile Link: Once you’ve copied your ID, you’ll need to create your profile link manually. To do this, replace “yourID” in the following URL with the ID you copied:
- Share Your Profile Link: After modifying the URL with your ID, you’ll have a link that leads to your Discord profile. You can now share this link with others, and they can use it to add you as a friend on Discord.
So, while Discord doesn’t offer a one-click “Copy Profile Link” feature, you can still share your profile effectively by following these steps.
How to copy your Discord profile link
To copy your Discord profile link:
1. Navigate to your Discord profile
To navigate to your Discord profile, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Discord account. You can do this either on your computer using the desktop version of Discord or on your mobile device using the Discord mobile app.
- If you’re using the Discord mobile app, tap on your profile picture located on the bottom navigation bar.
2. Tap on the three dots
To get your Discord profile link, follow these steps:
- Tap on your profile picture in Discord.
- You’ll arrive at your Discord profile, where you can see your profile banner, profile picture, and username.
- Before obtaining your Discord profile link, you must copy your Discord ID.
- To do this, tap on the three dots located on your profile banner.
- If you’re using Discord on a browser or desktop, you must first enable developer mode. To do this, go to User Settings > Advanced > Developer Mode > Enable.
- Once you’ve enabled developer mode, right-click your profile in the right sidebar and select “Copy ID.”
3. Tap on “Copy ID”
When you tap on “Copy ID” after clicking the three dots on your profile banner in Discord, it allows you to copy your unique Discord ID.
This ID is necessary for creating a Discord profile link. So, by copying your ID, you can obtain the essential information needed to generate your profile link.
4. Modify the “discordapp.com/users/yourID” link
To modify your Discord profile link and find your Discord profile link:
- Copy Your Discord ID: First, copy your unique Discord ID.
- Open a Browser: Open a web browser on your device. If you’re using an iPhone, use Safari; if you’re on an Android device, use Chrome.
- Paste the Link (Before): In the browser’s URL field, paste the following link:
- Replace “yourID”: Replace “yourID” in the link with your actual Discord ID. For example, if your Discord ID is “302050872383242240,” the link should now look like this:
- Valid Link (After): The modified link is now your valid Discord profile link, like this:
This link allows you to visit someone’s Discord profile, similar to how you can access an Instagram profile using a link like “instagram.com/username.”
Send the link to your friends
To send your Discord profile link to friends:
- Replace “yourID” in the link with your Discord ID.
- Copy the link to your clipboard.
You’ve now successfully copied your Discord profile link!
To send it to friends:
- Let them know they must use the browser version of Discord.
- Instruct them to go to www.discord.com and click “Open Discord in your browser.”
- They’ll need to paste your Discord profile link into a URL field.
- Once pasted, they’ll land on your Discord profile.
- They can add you as a friend by clicking “Send Friend Request.”
Remember, this won’t work on the Discord mobile or web app.
Finally on how to copy your Discord profile link:
- Adding on Discord: If someone wants to connect with you on Discord, you can share your Discord username and tag, like “test#1234.”
- Sharing Profile Link: Alternatively, you can send them a link to your Discord profile by following specific steps as outlined in this article.
- Profile Preview: When someone clicks on your Discord profile link, they will be directed to your Discord profile page. There, they can view your profile banner, profile picture, and any bio or information you’ve added.
Copy the User ID through the Discord app
To copy your “User ID” through the Discord app and get your profile link for use in a browser, follow these steps:
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon, which is located at the top left corner of the app.
- Press your profile picture, located in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Select “Advanced” under “App Settings.”
- Turn on the toggle switch next to “Developer Mode.”
- Go back to the “Overview” section.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of your profile.
- Select “Copy ID.”
- To send the profile link via a browser, repeat steps #6 to #7.
This process allows you to get your User ID and share your profile link using the Discord app and a browser when needed.
How to copy your Discord profile link on iPhone
To copy your Discord profile link on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile picture or icon to access your “User Settings.”
- Scroll down until you can see a preview of your Discord profile.
- In the top right corner of this preview, tap the three-dot menu (represented as “…”).
- From the options that appear, select “Copy ID.”
- This action will copy your User ID to your iPhone’s clipboard. You can now paste it wherever you need it, such as in a message or on a website.
How to copy your Discord profile link on Android
To copy your Discord profile link on an Android smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your Android device.
- In the top right corner of your “User Settings,” you’ll see a 3-dot menu icon.
- Unfortunately, there’s no direct option to copy your User ID from this menu.
- Instead, you need to access a Discord server where you’re a member.
- Once you’re in the server, tap the “Member List” icon in the top right corner of the screen. This icon typically looks like a list of users.
- You’ll see a full list of all users on the Discord server, including yourself.
- Locate your username in the list, tap on it, and a profile view will appear.
- At the bottom of the profile view, you’ll find a button that says “Copy ID.”
- Tap on the “Copy ID” button, and your Discord User ID will be copied to your device’s clipboard.
- You can then paste your User ID wherever you need it, such as when sharing your profile link.
How to share Discord profile link?
To easily share your Discord profile link with others, follow these steps:
- Get Your User ID: First, find and copy your “User ID.” You can do this through the Discord app or website. Go to your settings, enable developer mode, and copy the User ID from your profile banner.
- Create the Profile Link: Insert the copied User ID into this URL in your web browser:
discordapp.com/users/UserID. Replace “UserID” with your actual User ID.
- Copy the URL: Once you’ve created the link, copy the entire URL.
- Share with Others: You can now share this URL with anyone you want. They can click on it to access your Discord profile.
By following these steps, you can easily share your Discord profile link with others.
How to share your Discord profile link through your browser
To send your Discord profile link through your browser, follow these steps:
- Access Discord: Go to the Discord website and log in to your account if needed.
- Find User Settings: Locate the settings icon on your profile screen, usually found at the bottom next to your profile picture, near the microphone and headphones icons. Click this settings icon to open the Settings menu.
- Find the Advanced Tab: In the left panel menu, find the “Advanced” tab under “App Settings” and click it.
- Enable Developer Mode: Under the “Advanced” tab, you’ll see the “Developer Mode” option. Toggle it on.
- Copy the User ID: Stay in the settings and click on “My Account” in the left panel. Next to your ID banner, click the three dots and select “Copy ID.” This copies your user ID, which you’ll need for the link.
- Navigate to the Link: Open a new browser tab and type this URL: discordapp.com/users/[UserID], replacing “[UserID]” with the user ID you copied in step #5. For example, if your user ID is “108888888888888888,” the link would look like this: discordapp.com/users/108888888888888888. Do not press Enter yet.
- Copy the Link: After replacing the [UserID], copy the entire link.
- Send the Link Anywhere You Desire: You can share the link through WhatsApp, email, Facebook, or any other platform you prefer. When someone clicks the link, it will redirect them to your Discord profile.
That’s it! You’ve successfully created and shared your Discord profile link.
How to put Discord link in Instagram bio
To put a Discord link in your Instagram bio, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Instagram account and locate the “Edit” button. Click on it.
- Choose the “Add link” option.
- Paste your Discord link into the URL field.
- If desired, you can write a caption for your link.
- Finally, tap the checkmark or save button to confirm and save the changes to your Instagram bio.
The Discord profile link
In Discord, connecting with others can be challenging, especially if you’re new. However, it’s a valuable platform for various interests, not just gaming or streaming. You can create servers, which are like specialized groups with chat and voice/video channels. Discord has a vast user base, with over 500 million monthly active users, and it’s not just for entertainment; you can also build a niche and potentially make money.
To make the most of Discord, it’s essential to keep learning about its features. Unlike other social media platforms where you can easily share your profile link, Discord doesn’t offer this convenience. Instead, you need to add people by their username and tag, which can be complicated.
Profile links, however, provide a simpler way to access someone’s profile.
The bottom line
Discord does not provide a one-click option to copy your profile link, unlike platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn. To share your Discord profile link, you need to follow some simple steps we’ve outlined in this article.