TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Your smartphone comes with a default touch sensitivity that’s set at an ideal level for most users. However, there are situations where you might want to adjust the touchscreen sensitivity.
One such situation is when you apply a touch screen protector, which can sometimes slow down touch response. In such cases, it’s recommended to increase the touchscreen sensitivity for a smoother experience. In this article, we’ll explain how to change touch screen sensitivity on both Android and iPhone devices.
Change touch screen sensitivity on Android
To adjust the Touch Screen Sensitivity on an Android device, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the “Settings” app.
Step 2: Tap on “Languages and Input.”
Step 3: Under the “Mouse/Trackpad” header, select “Pointer Speed.”
Step 4: You’ll see a slider on the screen. Move it to the right to increase the Touch Screen Sensitivity or to the left to decrease it.
Step 5: Once you’re happy with the Touch Screen Sensitivity adjustment, tap “OK.” Your changes will be saved.
Increase touch sensitivity on Android
To increase touch sensitivity on Android, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s “Settings” and select “Display.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu to locate the “Touch Sensitivity” option.
- Toggle on the “Touch Sensitivity” option.
By doing this, you’ll enhance the touchscreen sensitivity on your Samsung phone, allowing you to use it even when wearing gloves. If you have a different Android phone, you may need to explore alternative methods to achieve the same result.
Change the pointer speed on Android
To change the touch sensitivity on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” on your phone.
- Depending on your phone’s user interface, you might need to select “System” or look for “Language & Input” directly. On OnePlus phones, you can find it under “System.”
- Within the “Language & Input” settings, locate and select “Pointer Speed.”
- On the next screen, adjust the pointer speed by sliding the slider to the left for slower sensitivity or to the right for faster sensitivity.
- After making the desired adjustment, return to your home screen and test the touch responsiveness.
If you encounter further touch sensitivity issues, you can consider using a third-party app designed to fine-tune sensitivity settings.
Increase touch sensitivity on Android using a Third-Party App
To increase touch sensitivity on your Android device using a third-party app, follow these steps:
- Go to the Play Store and install the “Touchscreen Response Speed Up” app. Choose the first app in the search results.
- Open the app and tap the “Analyze device” button. The app will automatically configure the sensitivity settings based on your device.
- After the analysis, tap the “Boost” button and wait for the optimization process to finish.
- Once the optimization is complete, tap the “Take Effect” button.
By following these steps, your touch sensitivity will be enhanced, leading to a better gaming experience. Additionally, you’ll be able to use your smartphone with gloves. Keep in mind that you’ll need to repeat these steps each time you want to adjust the touch sensitivity to your preference.
Change touch screen sensitivity on iPhone
To adjust the touch screen sensitivity on an iPhone, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Open the “Settings” app.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on “Accessibility.”
Step 3: Under the “Physical and Motor” heading, tap on “Touch.”
Step 4: Select “Haptic Touch.”
Step 5: You’ll see two options: “Fast” and “Slow.” Below these options, there’s a “Touch Duration Test” that you can use to find your preferred sensitivity. Tap the one that feels best to you.
Step 6: Your chosen touch screen sensitivity will be saved automatically.
That’s it! You’ve successfully adjusted the touch screen sensitivity on your iPhone.
Increase touch sensitivity on iPhones
To increase touch sensitivity on iPhones, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and go to Accessibility.
- Tap on “Touch,” then select “3D and Haptic Touch.”
- Choose “Haptic Touch” in the next menu.
- Adjust the touch speed and duration to your preference.
After making these adjustments, test the changes by touching and holding the image under “Touch Duration Test” to ensure they work as desired. That’s it!
Change touch accommodation on iPhone
To adjust how your iPhone responds to your touch, follow these steps to change Touch Accommodation settings:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app and go to Accessibility.
- Tap on “Touch” and then select “Touch Accommodations.”
- Adjust the touch sensitivity by toggling the “Hold Duration” feature and fine-tuning it to your preference.
- Enable the “Tap Assistance” feature and choose between “Initial Touch” or “Final Touch Location.”
- You can also enable the “Ignore Repeat” feature, which treats multiple touches as a single touch.
These settings can be customized to suit your preferences for a better touch experience on your iPhone. It’s a good idea to adjust these settings before enabling the Touch Accommodation feature to ensure it works just the way you want it to.
How do I fix my insensitive touch screen?
To fix an insensitive touch screen, you can try the following steps:
- Restart the Device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve touch screen issues.
- Clean the Touch Screen and Screen Protector: Dust, smudges, or debris on the screen or screen protector can affect sensitivity. Clean it with a soft cloth.
- Dry Off Your Smartphone: Moisture on the screen can cause problems. Make sure your device is dry.
- Gently Tap Each Corner of the Phone: Lightly tap each corner of the screen to ensure there are no loose connections.
- Remove SIM Card, Memory Cards, and Peripherals: Sometimes, conflicts with accessories can affect touch screen performance. Removing them temporarily can help diagnose the issue.
- Turn on Safe Mode (for Android or Windows): Safe Mode disables third-party apps, helping you determine if an app is causing the problem.
- Adjust iPhone 3D Touch Sensitivity: On iPhones, you can adjust 3D Touch sensitivity in settings to suit your preferences.
Try these steps in order, and if your touch screen issue persists, you may need to consult with a professional technician or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
Why is my phone losing touch sensitivity?
Your phone can lose touch sensitivity for a couple of reasons. First, it might be because of software issues or if the touchscreen accidentally gets misaligned.
To fix this, many Android devices offer a calibration option in their settings that can help recalibrate the touchscreen. However, it’s worth noting that most modern smartphones usually don’t require manual calibration because they have advanced touchscreens that rarely need adjustment.
How do I calibrate my touch screen?
To calibrate your touchscreen on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your device.
- Depending on your Android version and device, the exact location of these settings may vary, but generally, you’ll find it under “Menu > Settings > Language & keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input.”
- Look for an option related to touchscreen calibration. This may be labeled as “Calibration tool” or “Reset calibration.”
- Tap on the calibration option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your touchscreen.
Calibrating your touchscreen helps ensure that it accurately responds to your touch inputs.
The bottom line
Android devices allow users to adjust touch screen sensitivity to their preference, offering a custom level of control. In contrast, iPhones offer only two preset sensitivity options. Achieving the ideal sensitivity might require some experimentation.
If you continue to experience performance issues, consider seeking professional assistance to diagnose and fix any problems with your iPhone.