TechZerg is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Are you getting an “Account warning” error on TikTok? The “Account warning” error on TikTok is a message that some users receive, stating, “Your account is at high risk of being restricted based on your violation history,” and warning that further violations could lead to restrictions on certain features.
Some TikTok users have reported getting this error even if they didn’t actually violate any of TikTok’s community guidelines. If you’ve experienced this error without breaking any rules, you’re not alone.
In this detailed guide, you’ll find out why you got the “Account warning” error on TikTok and how to get rid of/fix it.
Why did I get an “Account warning” on TikTok?
You received an “Account warning” on TikTok because you likely broke one or more of TikTok’s rules for users. When you break these rules, TikTok gives you a warning. This warning is a notice that your account could lose some privileges. For instance, you might not be able to post anything for a few days.
Some people say they got an “Account warning” even if they didn’t break any rules. If this happens to you, you should get in touch with TikTok for help.
This “Account warning” can last on your profile for a few months, but it will be removed if you don’t keep breaking the rules. However, if you keep breaking TikTok’s rules, your account could be permanently banned.
How to fix “Account warning” on TikTok
To resolve the “Account warning” issue on TikTok:
- Wait it out: In many cases, the warning will disappear on its own after a few months. During this time, it’s essential to follow TikTok’s community guidelines to avoid extending the duration of the warning.
- Contact TikTok: If the warning persists or if you believe it was issued by mistake, you can reach out to TikTok for assistance. Use TikTok’s “Share your feedback” form to report the problem, including any details that might help them resolve the issue.
Remember that maintaining good behavior and adhering to TikTok’s rules is crucial during this process. Violating community guidelines can lead to the warning remaining on your account for up to a year.
Wait for a few months
To remove the “Account warning” on your account, TikTok states that accrued violations will eventually expire from your account over time. This means the “Account warning” error will naturally disappear from your TikTok profile after a few months. Some users have reported that the warning went away on its own during this waiting period.
During this waiting period, it’s crucial to ensure you do not violate any more of TikTok’s community guidelines. If you continue to breach these rules, the error message will persist, and your account may face permanent suspension.
In some instances, you may receive an “Account warning” even if you haven’t violated TikTok’s community guidelines. If you are certain that you received the warning in error, you should contact TikTok using the next method outlined in their support system for assistance.
To resolve the “Account warning” error on TikTok, you can follow these steps to contact TikTok for assistance:
- Access the “Share your feedback” form: You can do this either on a computer or a mobile device.
- Provide your contact information: Fill in your email address and your TikTok username.
- Select the appropriate topic: Since you believe you’ve been wrongfully warned, choose the “Report a bug/Feature request” topic and then select “Report a bug.”
- Explain the situation: In the explanation box, clarify that you received the “Account warning” error even though you haven’t violated any of TikTok’s community guidelines. For example, you can say, “Hi TikTok, I received an account warning by mistake, even though I didn’t violate any community guidelines. Please review my account and remove the warning.”
- Submit the form: After completing the form, submit it to TikTok.
- Wait for TikTok’s response: Be patient and wait a few days for TikTok to review your submission and respond to your request.
Following these steps should help you reach out to TikTok and seek assistance for the “Account warning” error.
What is the meaning of account warning in TikTok?
An “account warning” in TikTok signifies that you’ve breached TikTok’s community guidelines. You may have received it because you either re-uploaded a video belonging to someone else, and that original creator reported your video, or your videos contain inappropriate content that goes against TikTok’s community standards.
Essentially, it’s a notification that you’ve done something on the platform that is not allowed, and you should review TikTok’s guidelines to ensure your future content complies with their rules.
How many warnings until you get banned on TikTok?
TikTok doesn’t have an official set number of warnings or violations that lead to a ban. However, typically after 4-5 violations of TikTok’s community guidelines, you’re at risk of getting banned either temporarily or permanently. It’s important to note that this isn’t a strict rule, as each case is evaluated individually.
Do TikTok account warnings expire?
Yes, TikTok account warnings, also known as strikes, expire after 90 days. After this period, they are no longer considered when determining whether to permanently ban your account.
How many warnings can you get on TikTok?
On TikTok, there isn’t an exact number of warnings or reports that can result in a user getting banned. It varies.
In some cases, even a single report can lead to a ban, while in others, TikTok might review an account after receiving up to 10 reports before taking action. The specific outcome depends on the nature and severity of the reported content.
Will I get banned if I have an account warning on TikTok?
Having an account warning on TikTok that reads: “Your account is at high risk of being restricted based on your violation history,” means that your account is at a high risk of facing restrictions or being banned.
If you continue to violate TikTok’s guidelines, especially after receiving such a warning, your account could be disabled, banned, or deleted. To avoid this, it’s essential to review and follow TikTok’s community guidelines carefully to ensure compliance and prevent further violations.
Can TikTok ban your account without warning?
Yes, TikTok can ban your account without warning if you consistently violate their Community Guidelines. When this happens, you’ll receive a notification upon opening the app, informing you of the account ban.
However, if you think your ban is incorrect, you can appeal it by contacting TikTok.
Why am I permanently banned from TikTok with no warning?
You might have received a permanent ban from TikTok without warning if TikTok’s system mistakenly detected a violation of their community guidelines, or if there was a misunderstanding.
To resolve this issue, it’s crucial to contact TikTok promptly and file an appeal explaining your situation, providing evidence that you didn’t violate any rules. TikTok will review your case and may lift the ban if they find it was in error. It’s important to act quickly to regain access to your account.
What happens if I get 2 strikes on TikTok?
If you receive 2 strikes on TikTok because your content was removed due to copyright infringement, you’re allowed one more strike before TikTok permanently removes your account. TikTok follows a “3 strikes and you’re out” policy for each IP type under their Repeat Infringer Policy.
How long is a temporary suspension on TikTok?
A temporary suspension on TikTok typically lasts anywhere from 24 hours to one week, depending on the specific circumstances of your account. This means your account will be back to normal after this period, and it’s not a long-term issue.
How long is permanently banned on TikTok?
A permanent ban on TikTok means your account is suspended forever. It happens when you repeatedly break TikTok’s rules or receive numerous reports from others about your violations. There is no specified duration for this ban; it’s indefinite.
How do I protect my TikTok account from being banned?
To protect your TikTok account from being banned, follow these five straightforward steps:
- Avoid Sharing Violent Content: Refrain from posting or sharing any videos that contain violent or harmful content.
- Never Threaten Users: Do not engage in any behavior that involves threats or harassment towards other TikTok users.
- Don’t Promote Self-Harm: Do not create or share content that promotes self-harm or encourages others to harm themselves in any way.
- Never Share Content that Promotes Illegal Activities: Avoid posting videos that encourage or showcase illegal activities, such as drug use or any form of criminal behavior.
- Stay Away from Spam Behaviors and Inappropriate Content: Refrain from spamming or engaging in any actions that could be considered inappropriate, including using automated bots to increase engagement.
By adhering to these guidelines, you can reduce the risk of your TikTok account being banned and ensure a safe and positive experience on the platform.
The bottom line
If you see the “Account warning” error on TikTok, be careful while using the app. Repeated violations could result in a permanent ban.
To avoid this, follow TikTok’s community guidelines, and refrain from posting violent or inappropriate content. If you comply with the guidelines, the “Account warning” error will eventually disappear, but it might take a few months to do so.